- 27 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 27 Apr 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The videos section of your product profile enables you to showcase your product to buyers in a variety of ways. You can feature videos that provide general product overviews, testimonials from current customers, in-depth feature walkthroughs, product FAQs, or other information that you would like to highlight.
Up to five videos can be uploaded to this section. G2 does not host your videos, so there is no size limit for the video files. Your videos must be hosted on one of the following platforms: YouTube, Vimeo, Vidyard, or Wistia.
Do not upload videos that include proprietary product details or sensitive customer information. Your organization is responsible for any inappropriate screenshots that are featured in your product profile.
Videos on your product profile are a gated experience. Buyers that attempt to access a video must submit a lead form before being able to watch.
The fields that are required as part of your lead form are determined by you in my.G2. To change the settings of your organization’s lead form, go to my.G2 and select the Buyer Activity > Leads > Lead Form tab.
If you do not change the lead form, buyers will encounter the default experience.
How to add videos to your product profile
To add videos to your product profile, complete the following steps:
- In the my.G2 Videos tab, select Add video.
- Enter a supported URL in the Video URL section. Only URLs from video hosting platforms YouTube, Vimeo, Vidyard, and Wistia are accepted. If the URL is not supported by G2, an error message informs you to use a URL from one of the supported platforms.
G2 supports YouTube Universal Links for your videos.
- Repeat steps 1-2 to add up to five videos.
- Enter a Video Description of up to 6,000 characters for the videos. The video description should be considered overview information for all your videos. The information entered in this field is displayed above the video links on your product profile.
- Select Save.
- Go to your product profile page on G2.com and confirm that the videos can be played and that the video description is accurate. Videos play directly in your product profile page on G2.com, so buyers do not have to navigate to other sites while researching.
To delete a video, select the trash can icon for the video URL.
Videos are arranged by the order the URLs are added. If you want to rearrange the order they appear to buyers, delete your videos and then add the video URLs again in the order you want them to appear. The first URL added is the video at the top-left of the videos section, and the subsequent URLs are added in order from left-to-right.
By default, the video you upload to your product profile are made available in marketplaces that contractually syndicate G2's content. Content syndication saves you the time of maintaining product profiles in other marketplaces by enabling buyers to interact with the content that you have already uploaded to G2.
Any time you upload a new video for your G2 product profile, the content will update on non-G2 marketplaces within 30 days.
If you want to remove your videos from non-G2 marketplaces, uncheck the content syndication permissions checkbox and then select Save. It can take up to 30 days for your content to be removed.