- 06 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 06 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
The G2 + Gong integration enables you to view G2 Buyer Intent data directly in Gong, helping your Sales team prioritize outreach to customer and prospect accounts with high-intent activity on G2.
Basics of the G2 + Gong integration
How G2 Buyer Intent data auto-maps to Gong
Buyer Intent signals are automatically mapped (auto-mapped) to companies in Gong by matching the website domain on the Buyer Intent signal to a company with the same domain in Gong. Multiple Buyer Intent signals can be mapped to a single Gong company, but a single signal cannot be mapped to multiple Gong companies.
If G2 cannot match the signal to an existing company in Gong, a new company is not created, and Intent signals for that company will not appear in Gong.
About G2 Buyer Intent data
G2 Buyer Intent captures enriched data about buyers researching your product across G2. Buyer Intent signals can be generated by a variety of buyer actions, including interacting with your G2 product profile page, comparing your product to a competitor, and viewing alternatives for a product in a shared category. This data enables your sales, marketing, and customer success teams to identify a buyer's stage in the buyer journey.
Refer to the Buyer Intent documentation for more information on signal types, checking the signals included in your subscription, and more.
G2 Buyer Intent and Gong
G2 sends all Buyer Intent signals, except for sponsored content signals, to your Gong workspace. Within Gong, Buyer Intent signals are reported as account activity events.
Gong does not distinguish between G2 Buyer Intent activity and other prospect activity, such as sending an email, in the Activity timeline illustration. To reveal the source of the activity, you must select the event from the timeline.
You can access Buyer Intent signal details directly from the Deals and Engage tabs in Gong.
To access Buyer Intent data from the Deals tab:
- Log in to Gong, then navigate to Deals > Pipeline.
- Select an event from the Activity timeline to access the account’s detailed event timeline. Buyer Intent signals are tagged with a via G2 indicator and include the specific G2 page viewed.
To access G2 Buyer Intent data within the Engage tab:
- Log in to Gong, then navigate to Engage > To-Dos.
- Select the See Recent Engagement icon to access a list of events, including the specific G2 page viewed, the account’s Buying Stage and Activity Level, and the number of visits.
For more information on Buying Stage and Activity Level, refer to the Buyer Intent documentation.
- (Optional) Select View in G2 to access the Buyer Intent signal from the detailed company activity page in my.G2.
This section details the steps you need to take to implement the G2 + Gong integration.
Before getting started
To implement this integration, you must be a technical administrator in your Gong workspace.
G2 recommends completing the authentication process with a dedicated Gong technical admin account. If the connected Gong user account becomes deactivated, you must re-authenticate with an active Gong user account to continue receiving Buyer Intent signals in Gong.
You must repeat the following implementation steps for each of your G2-listed products that receive G2 Buyer Intent data.
Activating the integration
To set up the G2 + Gong integration:
- Go to my.G2, then Integrations > Integration Hub.
- Select the Gong tile, then select Authenticate Now.
- Log in to Gong if prompted, then select Allow to grant G2 access to your Gong account. Buyer Intent data is delivered to Gong every 24 hours.