- 03 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Monty for Sales
- Updated on 03 Nov 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Monty for Sales is currently in limited beta. For more information, please contact your G2 representative.
The Monty for Sales tab enables you to manage the content that Monty uses to respond to buyers.
To access the Monty for Sales tab, go to my.G2, then Product Profile > Monty for Sales
Basics of Monty for Sales
Monty is a friendly AI selling assistant built on G2's proprietary AI platform and OpenAI's ChatGPT. Armed with your organization's content and G2 marketplace data, Monty autonomously sells your software directly from your G2 product profile.
Monty's goal is to push buyers down the funnel and will display your G2 lead form in chat when the buyer is ready to convert. To learn about Monty's performance metrics, refer to the Performance section.
G2 enables you to leverage Monty on your own website via an embed code. For more information, please contact your G2 representative.
Monty learns how to sell your software based on your organization's content. Refer to the Adding content section for more information.
G2 recommends providing 10-20 pieces of content to train your Monty effectively, including:
- Transcripts of your top sales calls and webinars, which can be downloaded directly from call recording platforms such as Gong or Zoom.
- Objection handling and battle cards that describe how your product should be positioned against competitors.
- Case studies and customer proof that demonstrate ROI.
- Pricing and packaging details.
- Sales enablement content used to onboard new sales representatives at your organization.
- Documentation that answers frequently asked questions about your product's functionality.
You should think of Monty as a member of you sales team and use the same content that you use to train human representatives to sell your product.
1. Add content
To add content:
- Go to my.G2, then Product Information > Monty for Sales.
- Select Add Content.
- Drag and drop files directly into the Files section, or paste a list of URLs into the Remote Files section. Each URL must be on a new line.
- Select Create Content.
G2 queues each piece of content for processing and automatically assigns a content type. To modify or remove a piece for content, select it from the Content panel.
2. Preview Monty
Once you've uploaded some content, you can begin testing Monty directly from the Monty for Sales page by selecting Preview Monty for Sales.
Monty answers questions based on the content you provide to him. If he gets a question wrong, try supplementing or adjusting the content you uploaded in the previous step.
3. Activate Monty on your G2 profile
To activate Monty for sales, set the Status toggle to ON.
Once Monty is live, you can access reporting from the Performance tab. The Performance chart reports the total number of conversations Monty has had with buyers and the number of clicks to your lead form and website during the chat.
The Conversations table includes a summary of each conversation Monty had with buyers and the corresponding date.
G2 will continue improving this dashboard in the coming weeks based on your feedback.