- 23 May 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 23 May 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
G2 Review Campaigns help you collect reviews from your users by leveraging the experience of G2’s campaign specialists. Use G2 Review Campaigns to generate a stream of new reviews in order to inspire trust from buyers, improve your category ranking, and help your product qualify for inclusion in G2’s Market Reports and Best Software Reports.
For more information on the inclusion criteria and scoring for Market Reports and Best of Lists, refer to G2’s Research Scoring Methodologies guide.
Each G2 Review Campaign consists of a standardized three-email sequence that features your product logo, describes your chosen incentive, and links to a branded review-collection landing page. Once a user leaves a review, they are unsubscribed from the remaining campaign emails.
The Write a Review button in the following example links to a landing page for a G2 Marketing Solutions example review campaign. Your product logo will be displayed instead of G2's logo when your campaign is live.
G2 offers several incentive options, including gift cards, charitable donations, and the ability to bring your own non-profit (BYONP). For more information on G2’s BYONP program, please contact your G2 representative.
If a reviewer is based in a location that does not support your chosen gift card, they are presented with a country-specific alternative.
Submitting a new campaign request
Before proceeding with these steps, make sure you have a list of user names and emails to include in your campaign. G2 recommends targeting current product users who come from a variety of industries and market segments.
To submit a campaign request:
- Go to my.G2, then Review Management > Review Campaigns.
- Fill out the contact information for the person managing your campaign.
- Select a Desired Start Date for your campaign. G2’s Customer Review Campaign team requires at least two business days of lead time before initiating a campaign.
- Select Download template, then open the downloaded CSV.
- Add the first names and emails of your customers to the corresponding columns of the template.
G2 does not review your customer data after upload. Ensure the First Name column does not include any other information, such as last name or company name. If you do not have a first name for a customer, please leave the corresponding field blank. G2 does not recommend including additional fields or columns to your template.
- Verify your information, then select Upload CSV to upload the CSV from step 5.
- Add Notes to help the Customer Review Campaign team coordinate your campaign. For example, include the country or time zone where most of your users are located so that campaign emails are sent at the optimal time.
- Select Save to submit your campaign request. G2’s Customer Review Campaign team will contact you within two business days via the email provided to verify campaign details and discuss next steps.
For more information on tracking and managing existing Review Campaigns, refer to G2's Campaign Dashboard documentation.