- 22 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 22 Mar 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
The downloads section of your product profile enables you to provide more in-depth information about your product to buyers. You can provide downloads such as white papers, case studies, data sheets, or other collateral that can better help buyers make a decision.
If your organization wants to provide pricing information, consider uploading a pricing list to the Packages & Pricing tab in my.G2 instead of providing a download in this section. Buyers are more likely to review the pricing section of your product profile to find that information.
Up to five downloadable files can be uploaded to this section. Each file must be smaller than 20MB, and be one of the following support file types: pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif.
Do not upload files that include proprietary product details or sensitive customer information. Your organization is responsible for any inappropriate downloads that are featured in your product profile.
Downloads on your product profile are a gated experience. Buyers that attempt to download a file must submit a lead form before being able to access your files.
The fields that are required as part of your lead form are determined by you in my.G2. To change the settings of your organization’s lead form, go to my.G2 and select the Buyer Activity > Leads > Lead Form tab.
If you do not change the lead form, buyers will encounter the default experience.
How to add downloads to your product profile
To add downloadable files to your product profile, complete the following steps:
- In the my.G2 Downloads tab, select Add download.
- In the new Download space, select Upload download file and choose a supported file from your local machine. If the file is larger than 20MB, an error message informs you to upload a smaller file.
- Enter a Label and Webhooks Title for the download. The label is displayed to buyers when viewing your product profile page, so it should clearly inform the buyer about its contents and entice them to proceed through the content gate.
The webhooks title is used as the entry for the document_title field if you choose to deliver your leads data to a third-party tool. The webhooks title can be the same entry as the label.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to add up to five downloadable files.
- Select Save.
- Go to your product profile page on G2.com and confirm that the files can be downloaded and that the file label is accurate. Depending on the size of the file, it can take up to 15 minutes for the file to appear in your product profile page.
To delete a downloadable file, select the trash can icon at the top-right corner of the Download space for the file. You can also drag-and-drop each of the downloads to rearrange the order they appear to buyers.
By default, the downloads you upload to your product profile are made available in marketplaces that contractually syndicate G2's content. Content syndication saves you the time of maintaining product profiles in other marketplaces by enabling buyers to interact with the content that you have already uploaded to G2.
Any time you upload a new download for your G2 product profile, the content will update on non-G2 marketplaces within 30 days.
If you want to remove your downloadable content from non-G2 marketplaces, uncheck the content syndication permissions checkbox and then select Save. It can take up to 30 days for your content to be removed.