- 30 Mar 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Basics of G2 CRM Connector for Salesforce
- Updated on 30 Mar 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
G2 CRM Connector for Salesforce enables you to map your G2 data directly to your accounts and leads in Salesforce so that you can build dashboards, create workflows, run reports and more.
Benefits of G2 CRM Connector
G2 CRM Connector is highly customizable, and can be adapted to your specific Salesforce environment and use cases.
For example, G2 CRM Connector enables you to:
- Display G2 data directly in your Salesforce account and lead page layouts to help members of your organization leverage G2 data in their existing workflows.
- Create custom Salesforce reports to segment and target lists of prospects or identify customers at risk for churn.
- Set up notifications so that members of your organization can be kept up to date on high-intent G2 activity.
- Design Salesforce dashboards to inform your outreach messaging and marketing content based on G2 activity.
- Aggregate, share, and build G2 marketing content to enable your Sales team with the voice of your customers.
About G2 Buyer Intent data
G2 Buyer Intent captures enriched data about buyers researching your product across G2. Buyer Intent signals can be generated by a variety of buyer actions, including interacting with your G2 product profile page, comparing your product to a competitor, and viewing alternatives for a product in a shared category. This data enables your sales, marketing, and customer success teams to identify a buyer's stage in the buyer journey. Refer to the Buyer Intent documentation for more information on signal types, checking the signals included in your subscription, and more.
Refer to the Buyer Intent documentation for more information on signal types, checking the signals included in your subscription, and more.
How G2 data flows throughout Salesforce
G2 CRM Connector is implemented via a Salesforce managed package, which allows G2 to push updates as new features are released. G2's managed package creates 12 custom objects and 8 custom tabs in your Salesforce environment. G2 only sends data to the G2 custom objects included in the managed package. For more information, refer to the G2 custom objects and fields documentation.
G2 only sends data to the G2 custom objects included in the managed package. For more information, refer to the G2 custom objects and fields documentation.
To realize the true value of G2 CRM Connector, you should leverage G2 custom objects throughout your Salesforce environment, such as to create reports, automations, and dashboards.
How G2 Buyer Intent data auto-maps to accounts and leads in Salesforce
Buyer Intent signals are automatically mapped to companies in Salesforce by matching the website domain on the Buyer Intent signal to an account or lead with the same website domain in Salesforce.
For more information on account mapping, refer to the Mapping G2 Buyer Intent data to Salesforce accounts and leads documentation.
Salesforce subscription required
You must have a Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited subscription to use G2 CRM Connector for Salesforce.
Preparing for implementation
Before implementing G2 CRM Connector, you should ensure that your Salesforce environment has established basic structures and workflows for managing your accounts, leads, and opportunities. This structure will be critical for mapping G2 Buyer Intent data to your workspace.
You should also consider how leads are qualified, how your Marketing team determines companies to target, and how Sales prioritizes prospecting. For example, if HubSpot is going to be the primary platform where G2 data will be used in your organization, you might opt to utilize G2’s direct integration with HubSpot. For more information, on G2's integrations, refer to the Integration Hub
For more information, on G2's integrations, refer to the Integration Hub
Onboarding and implementation timelines
In addition to technical documentation, G2 provides the following onboarding support for G2 CRM Connector:
- Kick-off call: G2 answers your preliminary questions about the G2 CRM Connector and undergoes the initial discovery process.
- Post-implementation call: G2 helps verify that the integration is working appropriately, walks through the components included with the G2 CRM Connector, and discusses ways to operationalize G2 data in Salesforce.
- Training (optional): G2 provides additional training for organizations that need more education on this integration.
An experienced Salesforce admin can expect to spend 3-4 hours setting up G2 CRM Connector, including:
- Implementing G2 CRM Connector
- Assigning G2 licenses and permission sets to your Salesforce users
- Communicating with other teams about the functionality included with this integration
- Customizing the pre-built Salesforce reports included with G2 CRM Connector, or creating new Salesforce reports using G2 data
Troubleshooting and support
If you encounter any issues with the integration, G2 first recommends checking the Configuration Assistant.
If you still experience issues you can contact G2 Support for issues directly related to G2 CRM Connector, including:
- Installing G2 CRM Connector for Salesforce.
- Understanding the custom objects and tabs included with the app.
- Mapping and auto-mapping data to Salesforce accounts.
- Better understanding the G2 Buyer Intent data and signals included as part of a G2 subscription package, and where that data resides in the G2 CRM Connector for Salesforce.
- Placing G2 related lists in Salesforce page layouts.
- Running any of the four pre-built Salesforce reports included with the integration.
For any of the following issues, please contact Salesforce support or review Salesforce documentation and training:
- Any action that involves a G2 representative remotely accessing your organization’s Salesforce environment. G2 does not make direct changes to a Salesforce environment as part of the implementation or support processes.
- Creating custom Salesforce reports, dashboards, notifications, and other processes.
You can use the examples included in the Build custom Salesforce reports with G2 data documentation as a starting point.
- Linking third-party integrations with Salesforce, also referred to as "daisy chaining." If you want G2 data to flow from Salesforce to another third-party integration provider, please contact your Salesforce representative for more information.